Senior Business Analyst - Travel Technology (NDC)
Serko is an established leader in the Australasian corporate travel and expense market, with the launch of Zeno we’re making waves around the world. Our CEO has been tweeting up a storm and the heavyweights in our industry are looking for a piece of the action. Now is your chance to get in on the action. We’re hiring to grow the team that’s taking us global. Show us what you can do and be a part of the most exciting opportunity the New Zealand software industry currently has on offer.
Zeno is Serko’s innovative and highly anticipated travel booking and expense management product. As a member of the product delivery team you’ll work within a stable product team with a strong sense of ownership of the delivery of NDC (New Distribution Capability) at Serko. Partnered with an Engineering Manager, you will support a team of engineers and quality assistants to expand Serko’s NDC offering.
Our industry is complex; while experience working in the travel industry is not mandatory, it is always viewed favourably.
What will you be doing?
- Working alongside a Product Manager to make Serko’s vision for NDC a reality.
- Partnering with your team’s Engineering Manager to help the team to deliver quality outcomes for your stakeholders.
- Supporting your team by shaping, maintaining, and elaborating their backlog of work items with a view to deliver outcomes rather than outputs.
- Performing technical analysis to understand how to best bring NDC content into the Zeno product.
- Participating in and facilitating relevant Agile ceremonies as required.
What we want from you?
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of what it means to have an Agile mindset.
- 3+ years of experience as a Technical Business Analyst
- Demonstrable experience in designing system integration solutions, considering application, business process, and external system implications.
- Experience with web-based API communication / call-backs / data flow.
- Fluency with common application interface languages like XML, WSDL, SOAP, JSON.
- Ability to construct and understand Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Reasonable understanding of the nuances of the domain of Travel.
- Experience in eliciting information from and providing expertise to a diverse group of both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Skills to effectively manage and balance key stakeholder expectations.
- Willingness to ‘get sleeves rolled up’ to drive desired outcome.
- Have experience working closely with product development teams in a similar environment.
- Display resilience when faced with challenges.
- Be proficient in written and verbal communication.
Serkodian's are rewarded for their efforts with a great salary, competitive benefits, awesome offices with pool table, table tennis table, exceptional coffee, and a great social atmosphere.
If you’re up for a challenge, and are excited about joining a local business with a growing international reputation, we’d love to hear from you.